YC Spring Break Will Be March 13 - 14 In Decorah, Iowa
It has been a few years since we held our Swiss Valley Farms Young Cooperator Conference in Decorah, Iowa, so we are heading back there this year. We will be in Decorah as the Hotel Winneshiek in the downtown area. Mark your calendar and make plans to attend. Your registration form is on the next page.
Here are a few highlights of what will take place at this meeting.
• Spend Saturday at the Dairy Research Center in Calmar, Iowa.
• Tour the new robotics set up at the center as well as all the other improvements they have added this past year.
• Let David Pelzer from Dairy Management Inc. give you a personal course on how to stand up for your industry on-line and in person. Learn how to turn difficult questions into opportunities to educate consumers.
• Met former NFL player and motivational speaker Mark Inkrott as he gives you tips on building leadership skills and achieving family harmony.
• Get tips on manure management from Jenn Bentley, ISU Extension.
• Find out how you can get your dairy enrolled in the F.A.R.M. program.
Click here for your registration form. Fill it out and mail it back to save yourself a room at the Swiss Valley Farms YC spring conference.
2014 Outstanding Young Cooperator Contest Winners
Brock and Nelda Bailey, Tomah, Wis.
Brock and Nelda Bailey of Tomah, Wis. are the 2014 Swiss Valley Farms Outstanding Young Cooperator Contest. The Bailey's dairy with Brock's parents, Michael and Jean Bailey, and his brother Brent. The family milks 120 Holsteins. Nelda is an ag teacher and FFA advisor at Tomah High School. The couple has three young daughters: Josie, Teagan and Blair.
Brock and Nelda will be representing Swiss Valley Farms on the 2015 National Young Cooperator YC Council in Washington D.C. in June. They will work with other couples from across the country to plan the YC program for the 2015 NMPF Dairy Summit. The Baileys, along with Chris and Emily Frieders of Janesville, Wis., represented Swiss Valley Farms in October at the NMPF Dairy Summit in Dallas, Texas.
2015 Outstanding Young Cooperator Contest
It’s time to submit your application for the Swiss Valley Farms 2015 Outstanding Young Cooperator Contest, which will be held at this March 13-14th conference. If you want to open the door to unlimited opportunities for learning, leadership and travel, think about participating in this contest. Winners will attend the 2015 NMPF National Dairy Summit this fall in Orlando, FL. The age limit on this national YC contest is 21 to 40 years. Click here for your application form.
Who is a Swiss Valley Farms YC'er?
Swiss Valley Farms members from 18 through 45 years old are Young Cooperators and are eligible to attend this two-day YC Spring Break. At this conference, equal time is devoted to educational seminars as well as fun and entertainment. Swiss Valley Farms brings in top notch speakers to address the YC'ers on a wide range of issues that affect their lives and their dairy operations. YC'ers from across the Swiss Valley Farms four-state area can relax and meet fellow co-op members, and discover common ground for interesting discussion.